“All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today.” ~Proverb
By taking everyday moments as a chance to spread happiness to others, we can uplift ourselves and start a ripple effect that can touch so many.
Have you ever been having the worst day and then a stranger unexpectedly compliments your outfit? Or you get the perfect, goofy video shared to your Facebook page by a friend?
We can all make a difference.
And doesn’t it feel so good to make someone else feel good too?
Below I’ve listed 20+ ways to spread happiness but I’d love to hear your ideas too. Jump to the bottom of the post to see how to get your idea included!
(This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase anything through any of the product links, I’ll receive some pennies. Thanks for supporting Lazy Sundays!)
20+ Uplifting Ways to Spread Happiness
- Smile at strangers while running errands. (via Michelle Tripple at Confessions of Parenting)
- Pick up someone’s tab at the coffee shop or restaurant.
- Put up holiday decorations, inside and out.
- Giggle with your kids.
- Leave goofy notes in your spouse’s lunch bag.
- Comment on posts and follow your favorite bloggers on social media. **wink wink**
- Return someone else’s cart at the grocery store.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Send cards to the troops.
- Donate blood.
- Become an organ donor.
- Cheer on runners at a local 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon.
- Invite an old friend out for coffee or a walk.
- Encourage other runners/walkers/bikers you pass during your workout.
- Let a car in your lane.
- Put fresh flowers in your house.
- Keep small gift cards ($5 or $10) in your purse to give to a stranger that’s having a bad day. (Check out this Facebook post that inspired this idea.)
- Decorate sidewalks in your neighborhood with uplifting pictures and sayings with sidewalk chalk.
- Leave a great (and honest!) review on a local business’s Facebook page. They will love it!
- Surprise a reader by leaving a positive note, or even a dollar bill, in a library book.
- Volunteer! Ring bells at Christmas, help out at your local animal shelter, stock shelves at a food pantry.
- Bring in an unexpected treat for your coworkers.
And this is just the beginning!
I want to keep this as a running list. I want to hear your ideas about how to spread happiness.
Have you done something great for someone else? Or had something great and unexpected done for you?
If you want your idea added to this list, comment below with your name (and website if you’d like it included), idea and state that it is ok to include your comment to this list. I can’t wait to read them!
Together we can all make a difference. One small act can cause a ripple that will help so many.
Sign up here for a printable version of this list. It’s a great way to remind yourself and others how we can spread happiness everyday.
Follow my “Find Your Happy” Pinterest board for more happiness inspiration.