You might be thinking, “Butterfinger Grape Salad? How does this even make sense?”
Give it a chance!
This is my absolute favorite sweet side dish (or you could consider it a dessert). The combination of peanut buttery candy, cream cheese and grapes is ah-maaazing.
This recipe always makes an appearance at my daughters’ birthday party but I’ll bring it to at least 3 more events throughout the year (family get-togethers, pig outs at work, picnics, etc). It’s a great warm weather dish because it’s cold and grapey but I’ll eat it year round. I love, love, love it.
(This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of the product links, I’ll receive some pennies. Thanks for supporting Lazy Sundays!)
• First, take that cream cheese out of the fridge. It needs to be very soft but not melty, room temperature is best. If you mix it when it is still cold, you’ll end up with little cream cheese balls in your salad. It’ll taste fine but might look a little odd.
• While your cream cheese is softening, you can prep your Butterfingers and grapes. Open up all of your candy bars, put them in a gallon sized zip top bag and crush them. A meat tenderizer or rolling pin works great for this. (Thanks to my daughter, Siena, for assisting with this recipe.)
• As for the grapes, I like to slice them in half. It makes them easier to eat and spreads them throughout the salad more.
• Now for combining all the ingredients. In a large bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until well blended.
• By hand, stir in most of the crushed Butterfingers (save a handful to sprinkle over the top at the end).
• Then, stir in all of the grapes.
• Pour your salad into a large bowl with a cover. I like to use a 2.5 quart glass bowl, like this one. The salad fits perfectly.
• Now sprinkle the remaining crushed Butterfingers onto the salad.
• Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
Get ready to get compliments and to be asked for this recipe. It’ll be a hit, I guarantee it.
I was excited to write a post about this recipe just so I could make it for me. I don’t have to share it with anyone….well, except my kids. They love this as much as I do.
Let me know if you give Butterfinger Grape Salad try. You won’t be disappointed!
**Want to know when every delicious, easy and family-friendly recipe is posted by Lazy Sundays? Subscribe to emails and stay in the loop!**
Butterfinger Grape Salad
The perfect combination of sweet, salty, cool and refreshing. A great side dish for parties, picnics or potlucks.
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 king-size Butterfinger bars (or 4 regular-size bars or 1 bag of fun-size) (crushed)
- 2 lbs grapes (red or green or combination of both) (cut in half, if you prefer)
In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, sour cream and sugar.
Set aside a handful of the crushed Butterfingers to sprinkle over the salad at the end. Stir in the remaining crushed Butterfingers by hand.
Stir in the grapes. (I like to cut the grapes in half so they are easier to eat and spread throughout the salad.)
Pour salad into large bowl with a cover. A 2.5 qt glass bowl works great.
Sprinkle previously set aside crushed Butterfingers onto salad.
Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or overnight.
Serve cold. Enjoy!